Friday, July 11, 2008

Prologue...

I guess I should explain the purpose of this blog. For almost a year now, I've been mad at God. Well, maybe not mad, but we haven't been on the best of terms. He brought someone into my life; someone that I had prayed for, and then just as quickly, took that person out of my life. I fought tooth and nail, sure I was going to be hurt, but eventually gave in, because I believed that this person is who God wanted in my life...

And then, without warning, this person left.

Since the day he left, my relationship with God has taken a nosedive. No longer was I praying everyday. No longer was I going to Mass every Sunday...and even when I went, I sat there in the pews with my arms crossed, mad at the world...not taking the Word in, not listening, not caring.

Trust me...I'm still not where I want to be. I used to be ON FIRE for God. But now, not so much. I still don't go to Mass every Sunday, although I'm trying. I'm trying to get myself back on track spiritually. There is a flickering flame, but it's not the raging fire it once was...

So, here I am, reading "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. This blog will be my journal of thoughts from this book. It is here I will answer the daily questions, and hopefully figure out what the heck I'm doing here.

All I ask of you is that you pray for me. Feel free to just read, but if you would be so kind as to leave your thoughts and comments, that would be great too.

You didn't just happen to stumble across my blog...God brought you here for a reason...


Peace,
Dawn

No comments: