Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 6- Life is a Temporary Assignment...

Point to Ponder- This world is not my home.

Verse to Remember- "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Question to Consider- How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?

I'm one of those people that's fearlessly independent. I fully admit that I like to be in control of things. I don't like to depend on others, and I most certainly don't like to ask others for help. With that said, I also don't like to step out on faith if I'm not 99.9% sure of the outcome. That's not really stepping out on faith is it? I worry about things I shouldn't worry about. I worry about what people think about me. I worry about whether or not I'll have enough money for something. I worry about whether or not I'm wearing the right thing or if people will think I'm stupid. So what if they do? In the scheme of things, is that REALLY important? When I get to the pearly gates, is St. Peter really going to wonder if I had the most up to date Coach/D&B/LV purse, or if all the light fixtures in my house matched? I certainly hope not!

I have got to stop second guessing myself. I've got to stop taking so much control, and START letting people help me. I need to stop worrying about what people think about me, and stop living with so much fear. This has been a HUGE problem for me for as long as I can remember.

Today, a couple of really good friends reminded me that it's ok to ask for help, and it's definetly ok to accept help when it's offered. It doesn't inconvenience people, because if it did, they would hopefully say no, and then you're no worse off than you were before. There is more to this life than what's seen. I just need to work on understanding that, and loving and living my life right now.

No comments: