Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 9- What Makes God Smile?

Point to Ponder- God smiles when I trust him.

Verse to Remember- "The Lord is pleased with those who worship him and trust his love." (Psalm 147:11)

Question to Consider- Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?

I think the answer to this question is in the question itself. GOD KNOWS BEST, and if that is the case, shouldn't I trust him in ALL aspects of my life? I'm slowly starting to understand that. There are no coincidences...only the holy spirit at work. Is it a coincidence that the same amount of money I took out of my savings account to pay for my car is the same amount of money I recieved extra on my paycheck this week? I think not! I'm beginning to turn it all over to God. My love life, my financials, my job, life in general...everything. And in doing that, He's showing me that it's ok to "let go and let God". He's bigger, smarter, more powerful than me...why worry myself with things/people I can't change? To truly trust Him is very refreshing. It's not easy by any means, but I don't feel as stressed. Of course, that will likely all change once school starts, but honestly, why stress or worry over something once I place it in His hands?

Proverbs 3:5 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding". In other words, don't worry about if you don't understand it. Trust God! Let him lift the heavy stuff! Yes, it's hard to do. No, it's not easy. No one ever said it would be. But to trust Him...what faith! Do you have it?

I think you do...just let go and let GOD!

No comments: