Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 4- Made to Last Forever...

Point to Ponder- There is more to life than just here and now.

Verse to Remember- "This world is fading away, along with everything it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever." (1 John 2:17)

Question to consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop dong and the one thing I should start doing today?

This question requires some thought, because honestly, I'm not sure. Immediately the one thing I should stop doing is procrastinating. That's the first thing that comes to mind. BUT, I'm one of those people that works very well under pressure. As hard as I've tried in the past to break myself of procrastination, I always end up redoing whatever it was that I orginally did....I work well under pressure. I can't help it.

I'm not really sure what I should start doing...living more fearlessly? I wrote a blog about that. About how living fearlessly doesn't necessarily mean without fear, but to be bold on one's choices, and to go for things. Although I second guess myself, and I worry about things, most people would never know that. Usually, once I make my mind up about something, I go for it. But up until the point that I make up my mind, I'm constantly thinking about the decision to be made, and whether or not I can do it. Once I start a project (unless it's cleaning), I usually finish it. I'm, my no means, a quitter. Of course, there's one area in my life where I'm not fearless, and that's my love life. It doesn't matter if I'm head over heels in love, or even just interested in a guy. I won't ever say anything unless he asks me. Especially if I'm just interested in him and would like to go out on a date. But with that said, I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of answer Mr. Warren had in mind when he posed this question...

Ok...what's the one thing I should start doing??? I DON'T KNOW!!! I try not to pay attention to the petty stuff, because in the grand scheme of things, it really won't matter! I am a people pleaser, so maybe I should start living to please God instead of others. (most people would find that hard to believe as well...)

ugh...i don't know.

No comments: