Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 3- What on Earth Am I Here For?

Point to Ponder- living on purpose is the path to peace.

Verse to Remember- "You, Lord, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you." (Isaiah 26:3)

Question to Consider- What would my family and friends say is the driving force with my life? What do I want it to be?

I have to say that this chapter REALLY hit home...I'm driven by so many things...by materialism (I want more than I have), by wanting to please people (I want people to be proud of me and admire me), and by fear (I stay close to home...opportunities have come to take me away, and I've let them pass me by for fear of going out into the world on my own)...

I honestly don't know what my family and friends would say is the driving force with my life...they might say that it's the want and need to succeed. They might say that I'm just crazy and they don't know why I do all the things that I do. I really don't know...so, if you're a family member or a friend of mine, please leave a comment so I know the answer to that part of the question :-)

I can tell you that I'd like the driving force to be just that I'm doing what is in God's will for me. I want to do whatever it is He has planned for me. I want to stop second-guessing myself, and just go with the opportunities that are presented to me, or the doors that are opened for me. I don't want to wonder "what if" or have any regrets. I don't want to keep wishing that he hadn't left, or wonder why he did. I want to let go of ALL the things that hold me back...mostly fear. Yes, I know...most people would seriously doubt that I'm afraid of things, but in all honesty, I am. I play it safe...I rarely take chances, unless I'm pretty sure of the outcome. Sometimes God surprises me, and gives me a completely different outcome than I was expecting and throws me for a loop. That's happened twice this year, and trust me when I say, I was not the least bit happy. BUT, I can say this...in both instances where God threw me for a loop, my prayer was always the same- Lord, do YOUR will, not mine...and in BOTH cases, He did just that. I just didn't like His answer...

No comments: