Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 11- Becoming Best Friends with God

Point to Ponder- God wants to be my best friend.

Verse to Remember- "Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him." ( Psalm 23:14)

Question to Consider- What can I do to remind myself to think abouut God and talk to him more often throught the day?

I have a best friend...actually, a few best friends. They know me better than I know myself sometimes. They call me on my crap when I mess up, and seem to expect more out of me than what I expect of myself sometimes (usually I'm just being lazy, but they know better).

But God...wow, God...to be BFF's with him. This is not something that just happens. Just as in any relationship, it takes time to trust. That doesn't JUST happen. One has to continually talk and give of oneself. Pray without ceasing...right? Pray as if God is right there with you at all times. Aren't we called to see Jesus in everyone we come across and everything we do? So, when I'm driving, I should drive as if Jesus is in the passenger seat (although in the journey of life, he is soooo in the driver's seat, and I'm sitting shotgun )

When we constantly talk to God, and thank him for the little things, talking to him about the big things gets a little easier. Becoming BFF's with God will obviously take some time. But look at what He did for us... I think giving him my time is pretty small in comparison to that...don't you?

No comments: